NMG Year-End Function
Date: Thursday, 29 November 2018
Location: Fourways Farmers Market, Johannesburg
When NMG approached us for their year-end function we agreed that is was time for something simple yet elegant – a stylish setting with a good time written all over it. They wanted to take the event outdoors and incorporate a theme to spice things up. Our client would require a full theme related setup, 3 course catering, drinks for 320 guests and on the day coordination for their Mexican Fiesta inspired function.
• Sourcing venue and staff / negotiating rates to suit clients budget.
• Sourcing food vendors for starters, mains and desserts (specifically food trucks and spitbraai options) / discussing menu options / negotiating rates to suit clients budget.
• Catering for specific dietary requirements (Halaal / vegetarian / vegan / guests with food allergies).
• Working closely with suppliers to ensure that they were aligned with venue specifications (fire + health and safety regulations).
• Arranging trestle tables with table cloths for main meal chafing dishes + cutlery and crockery for main meals.
• Booking additional furniture to provide ample seating for guests.
• Drawing up drinks list to best suit the attendees taste.
• Arranging bedouin tents + setup thereof to cover event area – in the event of rain.
• Arranging sponsorship from ABinBev which included a full Corona setup and stock – which gave the brand exclusivity on the day and left a very good and lasting impression with guests.
• Sourcing and renting/purchasing theme related décor and props + setup thereof.
• Booking DJ and sound as well as a Mexican Mariachi band as the opening act.
• Booking an MC for awards ceremony (Freedom Hadebe – best known for his role as Mandla Khumalo in the SABC2 soapie 7de Laan).